Thursday, March 27, 2008

the end is in site...

Okay, since I wrote last I've not done a lot but the data collection has begun. In fact, I'm hoping to have it completed before the end of next week. I've also gone over my post surveys and tweaked them a little so they focus on what I'm looking for (I think).
New challenges: well, trying to get the data collection finished isn't going to be easy since firewalls, slow Internet and spring break are all or have been getting in the way but as they say, the show must go on.
Reflections: although I created an audience for my writers so that they would be motivated I don't think the audience has done their bit. By bit, I mean read the stories being published. There has also been a miscommunication regarding what was expected by the students from other schools but I think my students have been able to work through it.
And finally, the next step. I'm sifting through over 600 track changes today and categorizing them into 7 different categories. Once I've done that, I can start comparing it to my online survey data and if I can find the time I might even do some one-on-one interviews with a small number of students.

No comments: