Thursday, March 27, 2008

data insite

As I sift through the data I'm beginning to see where I went wrong or perhaps a better way of putting it is "I know how I could do this better next time."
In short, in an ideal world I would have used the very tool I was asking my students to use if for no other reason, to avoid the pitfalls that have impacted the project in a less than ideal way.
For example, the least successful part of this project has been getting other teachers/schools/students on board. This isn't to say that those who are involved haven't tried their damnedest but I see now that it would have worked better if I could have planned this project with other interested teachers instead of asking other teachers to "help me out" with my t.i.p. This way, we would have shared the same vision and avoided tech issues like "The Great Firewall of China."
In retrospect, I should have known this because David Larson was asking me the right questions last summer but because they were hard to answer I chose to avoid them rather than face them head on. I should have listed to you David!
Anyway, I know I need to expand on this in my paper but thought I'd better get this down now so I don't forget about it.

No comments: